Download Spyder5ELITE 5.5 here:
Operating System Support
Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64, Windows 11
Supports this Spyder sensor:
Spyder5ELITE - ONLY
What’s New in 5.5
- Improvements in graphics and cosmetics
- Assorted internal improvements and bug fixes.
- DCI-P3 gamut plot added to the reference gamut display choices
What’s New in 5.2
- Main application: When naming and saving a profile immediately after calibration: if there are double-byte characters in the profile name, these are now stripped/removed from the name and you’ll be warned this has happened. If at least one character remains in the profile name, it will be saved with the modified name. If the entire name was double-byte characters, you’ll be prompted to start over and enter a new profile name. (Previously, the presence of double-byte characters in a profile name would cause problems, such as non-working profiles or crashes).
- Main application Elite+: CMYK-format TIFF/JPEG image files are now specifically excluded from being added to the file list in Soft Proof. (In the 5.1+ version this wasn’t disallowed, but CMYK isn’t supported and the resulting image displayed would have the wrong colors).
- Main application: A few miscellaneous spelling/translation problems were fixed.
- Display Analysis: When printing a report, the Page Setup dialog is now shown, so that you can select a paper size/shape and also the printing margins. if you leave the margins set to values larger than .25” then you’ll be warned and encouraged to reduce them to .25”. This fixes a problem in which, when printing these reports from Windows, the report header was overlapping into the body contents. (Windows default printing margins are 1” and these are too large to prevent this overlap). Also, the Datacolor logo now prints correctly (previously it was printing as a solid black rectangle).
- SpyderUtility (background operation): The “GammaTracker.cpp” error alert will no longer appear. In the past, this could happen at various times: waking from sleep, hibernation, switching graphics cards on laptops with dual cards. If you’d disabled SpyderUtility from launching automatically on startup or login to prevent these alerts, we recommend leaving it enabled after installing the 5.2 version. SpyderUtility ensures that the calibration curves in the video card of a Windows system are loaded on system startup and it will actively keep them loaded while you’re using your system.
- SpyderUtility+: Profile Management was showing incorrect profile creation dates, in certain situations, when a profile was selected in the list. Profile creation dates are now shown correctly.