Download Spyder5 Express 5.8 here:
Operating System Support
OSX 10.14 and later (Mojave through Monterey)
What’s New in 5.8 version: (NEW 6.18.21)
- The Spyder5 Express applications are now fully Universal, with native support when running on Apple Silicon processor Macs.
- Fixed the issue with “UNKNOWN” being shown for display names when running on Apple Silicon systems under Big Sur. Display names shown should now match what would be shown when running on Intel systems.
- Fixed an issue in which SpyderUtility’s “Explain Status” command wasn’t showing properly formatted rectangle coordinates for the attached displays
Additional information about the Liquid Retina XDR displays of the 14"/16" MacBook Pro - 2021:
The internal displays of this laptop class can be calibrated when you have installed the macOS Monterey 12.3 (or higher) update. Make sure you have installed that update prior to the calibration.
External monitors connected to these MacBook Pro laptops, on the other hand, can still be calibrated with the SpyderX series products.
If you have installed a previous macOS Monterey 12 version on your 14“ & 16" MacBook Pro 2021 with the Liquid Retina XDR Display and have problems with the calibration of the internal display, please refer to this FAQ article.
Status March 15th 2022
Please find additional information about the calibration of the Apple Studio Display in this FAQ article.
What’s New in 5.7
- The Spyder5 Express applications are now compatible with MacOS Big Sur. They are Intel-only versions which run natively on Mac Intel systems, and also under Rosetta2 emulation on the new Mac M1 systems.
- NOTE: On the new M1 systems, Big Sur currently identifies display names as "UNKNOWN" - this doesn't affect the overall operation of Spyder5 Express or the calibration of the display. You can edit/change a display name to be anything you like (such as "Color LCD"), and the Spyder5 Express software will remember that name going forward.
What’s New in 5.5
- The Spyder5 applications and installer are now 64-bit, for full compatibility with macOS 10.15 “Catalina” and beyond. This also eliminates “not optimized for your Mac” alerts in OSX prior to 10.15.
- Retina Display support, for improved user interface appearance (better, sharper, smoother)
- Assorted internal improvements and bug fixes.
What’s Fixed in 5.3:
- High Sierra-specific fixes: (OSX 10.13 or later; previous versions of OSX were unaffected):
- Main application: No longer results in an incorrect calibration table being loaded upon quitting.
- Other fixes:
- Main application: Fix for bug in which calibration would fail when running on a system which didn’t have a Library:ColorSync:Profiles folder in the user’s Home folder. This folder will now be created if it doesn’t exist.
- Main application: Fix for bug in which after each calibration, an extra “Spyder5Express” profile was saved in addition to the profile that the user specifically named and saved. This extra (unused) “Spyder5Express” profile is no longer created.