Why should I use the SpyderCUBE and not a regular gray card?
Nothing is quite like the SpyderCube. As it is not simply another flat gray card, but cubic in shape. It gives you two split white/gray panels, a chrome ball, a black trap and a tripod mount.
SpyderCube provides all relevant light information for RAW adjustments:
- A chrome ball to measure catchlight to analyze overexposed areas.
- White faces to define highlights in relation to catchlight.
- Spectrally neutral 18% grey faces to measure color temperature and mid tones in all lighting conditions.
- Black trap to define absolute black.
- Black face to define shadows in relation to black trap.