Download SpyderX Pro 5.8 (macOS) here:
SpyderX Pro 5.8 Installer for Macintosh, 06.18.21
Operating System Support
OSX 10.10 and later (Yosemite through Monterey)
************* Highlights *************
*** 5.8 version: (NEW 6.18.21)
- The SpyderX Pro applications are now fully Universal, with native support when running on Apple Silicon processor Macs.
- Fixed the issue with “UNKNOWN” being shown for display names when running on Apple Silicon systems under Big Sur. Display names shown should now match what would be shown when running on Intel systems.
- Fixed a problem with calibration results of the built-in display only, on certain Intel laptops, when running under Big Sur.
- Fixed a problem with the calibration setting popup command for “Do Not Adjust” when running in Japanese.
- Fixed a problem with the Italian translation description for “Standard LED” on the Backlight selection screen.
- Fixed a crash in Display Analysis, if "Brightness and Contrast" was the first test to run.
- Fixed an issue in which SpyderUtility’s “Explain Status” command wasn’t showing properly formatted rectangle coordinates for the attached displays.
Additional information about the Liquid Retina XDR displays of the 14"/16" MacBook Pro - 2021:
The internal displays of this laptop class can be calibrated when you have installed the macOS Monterey 12.3 (or higher) update. Make sure you have installed that update prior to the calibration.
External monitors connected to these MacBook Pro laptops, on the other hand, can still be calibrated with the SpyderX series products.
If you have installed a previous macOS Monterey 12 version on your 14“ & 16" MacBook Pro 2021 with the Liquid Retina XDR Display and have problems with the calibration of the internal display, please refer to this FAQ article.
Status March 15th 2022
Please find additional information about the calibration of the Apple Studio Display in this FAQ article.
*** 5.7 version: (NEW 11.6.20)
- The SpyderX Pro applications are now compatible with MacOS Big Sur. They are Intel-only versions which run natively on Mac Intel systems, and also under Rosetta2 emulation on the new Mac M1 systems.
- NOTE: On the new M1 systems, Big Sur currently identifies display names as "UNKNOWN" - this doesn't affect the overall operation of SpyderX Pro or the calibration of the display. You can edit/change a display name to be anything you like (such as "Color LCD"), and the SpyderX Pro software will remember that name going forward.
*** 5.6 version: (5.27.20)
- The installer is now notarized.
- Fixed a bug in which the "Help:Learn More About SpyderX" command sent the web browser to a Spyder5, rather than SpyderX, web page.
- Fixed some cosmetic issues (longer text wrapping and not being completely visible) in several places in the user interface (French, Italian, and Spanish).
- Other assorted internal improvements and bug fixes.